1 kilo 2023 Robert Bateman: Vantage Point Bald Eagle Gold Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Grow your numismatic art collection with this pure gold Robert Bateman exclusive.
The epitome of strength and resilience in the wild, the bald eagle is a regal sight to behold on this magnificent 99.99% pure gold coin. The coin’s reverse presents an engraved take on Vantage Point – Bald Eagle, an inspiring work of art by world-renowned wildlife artist Robert Bateman. Just a glimpse of this bald eagle elicits feelings of awe, even as it quietly sits on its moss-covered perch, its body turned boldly into the wind blowing in from the sea.
A precious Robert Bateman art showcase. Order today!
- The 2023 Robert Bateman exclusive! This gold kilo coin represents the finest in Canadian wildlife and numismatic art. Its reverse features original artwork by internationally renowned wildlife artist and naturalist, Robert Bateman.
- A limited-edition work of art! Only 50 coins are available to collectors worldwide.
- One kilogram of 99.99% pure gold! Beauty lies in the details—the coin’s 101.6 mm diameter allows for an outstanding amount of photo-realistic engraved details that capture the spirit of both the original art and its subject.
- Includes an insert card. Along with a serialized certificate of authenticity, each coin comes with a special insert card. The insert features the artist statement, as well as a reproduction of both the original artwork and the artist’s signature.
- No GST/HST.
AN INSPIRING EAGLE PORTRAIT
The coin’s reverse is a masterfully engraved adaptation of Vantage Point – Bald Eagle. It is the latest in a growing list of Bateman originals that have graced Canada’s coins, including 2019’s Into the Light – Lion, 2020’s Summertime Polar Bear, 2021’s Wolf Sketch and 2022’s Snowy Owl on Driftwood. Collect them all!
The coin’s reverse includes the artist’s (engraved) signature.
DID YOU KNOW?
- One of Canada’s most recognized and honoured artists, Robert Bateman is an unflagging proponent of wildlife conservation and education. His photo-realistic art reflects his deep love of nature and his commitment to its preservation.
- The artist has long been an advocate of wildlife education and learning initiatives that deepen one’s connection with nature, such as those carried out by the Bateman Foundation (batemanfoundation.org). Based in Victoria, B.C., the Foundation oversees the Bateman Gallery, home to the largest permanent collection of original works by Robert Bateman. The Batemans have also donated millions of dollars’ worth of artwork and limited-edition prints throughout the years to help fund conservation efforts across Canada.
DESIGN & ARTIST
The coin’s reverse is an engraved adaptation of Vantage Point – Bald Eagle, an original painting by Canadian wildlife artist Robert Bateman. It features a side view of a bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) perched on the moss-covered roots of an uprooted tree. The text “CANADA 2023” appears in the sky, while the artist’s signature is engraved beneath a denomination of “2500 DOLLARS”. The obverse features a nature-themed pattern and the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
"Like a massive shadow, the eagle sweeps along the coast. Finding a vantage point, he lands. Facing into the wind from the sea, he adjusts his wings. Once the king of the sky across the continent, the bald eagle has been forced to retreat because of the pesticides and development pressures, but in coastal areas as far apart as Florida and Alaska, he is not only surviving, but thriving. He is noted as a bold or clever hunter or fisherman, and so the edge of the sea provides easy fare for his diet. In this painting I wanted to emphasize the thrust into the wind of the bird, the uprooted tree, and the rocky spit. These elements project into space toward an endless horizon. In contrast is the rich tangle of mosses and other plants which have colonized the stump. I was almost suggesting a Japanese bonsai garden with a little hemlock tree dwarfed by the elements." ROBERT BATEMAN
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 5 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $299
Orders over $299 ship for free! Orders under $299 ship for only $19.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or Canada Post. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
300,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured