10 oz 1867 Confederation Medal Restrike Silver Round
Buy with Confidence
On July 1, 1927, the Dominion of Canada marked 60 years of progress under the banner of Confederation. Festivities across the country offered proof of a strengthening sense of national pride and identity—a spirit beautifully preserved in a table medal from the by-gone era: the Diamond Jubilee of the Confederation of Canada Medal.
Re-created here on the coin's reverse, the medal's Art Deco-inspired design makes it a stunning part of Canada's medallic history. On the 150th anniversary of Confederation, the Royal Canadian Mint paid tribute to a tradition of celebration with a tribute to this artifact from another historic year—the year of Canada's Diamond Jubilee!
AN EXQUISITE TRIBUTE TO CANADA'S FIRST ARTIFACT! Order today!
- FIRST COIN IN THE SERIES! These 10 oz. pure silver coins were the first in a series of three important historical pieces commemorating Canadian Confederation. Each medal features a landmark along the path of Canadian history:
- Canadian Confederation of 1867
- The 1927 Diamond Jubilee of Canadian Confederation
- The 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation in 2017
- A TRULY DESIRABLE PIECE OF MEDALLIC CANADIAN HISTORY! The 1867 Confederation Medal became one of the rare early symbols of the Dominion of Canada. Prestigious and sought-after since it was issued, it has been coveted by collectors as a truly desirable piece of medallic Canadian history!
- PAST AND PRESENT SHINE TOGETHER! This stunning piece combines the greatest artistry at the time of Confederation with the Royal Canadian Mint's world-class modern craftsmanship.
- A FAITHFUL TRIBUTE! The RCM scoured their archives for the original dies, ensuring that every detail and nuance of the original 1867 design has been faithfully incorporated into this landmark 150th-anniversary adaptation. As well, these coins were struck with the same impressive 76 mm diameter and bold high relief design as the original 1867 version!
- A SPECIAL OBVERSE! This double-effigy obverse commemorates Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Canada's current sovereign, and Her Majesty Queen Victoria, the sovereign at the time of Confederation. Also, look for their Royal Cyphers!
- DOUBLE-DATED YEARS! These coins also feature the double-dated years of "1867-2017", the word "CANADA" and the face value "100 DOLLARS"!
- OWN A RARE PIECE OF CANADIAN HISTORY! Only 1,000 coins were made available worldwide. Hurry and order yours today before they are all gone!
- 10-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN!
About the Design:
These coins are a faithful tribute to the table medal's original design by world-renowned engravers J.S. and A.B. Wyon of London, England. Inspired by the rich medallic traditions of the 16th century, the design features allegorical representations of Great Britain and the fledgling Dominion of Canada.
Britannia, Great Britain's timeless allegory, is peacefully seated and is adorned with a helmet and armour. She holds a trident on her right as a shield ornamented with the Royal Union Flag rests on her side. A lion, the stalwart symbol of Great Britain, is seated at Britannia's feet and is resting its head on her knees. Britannia is presenting a figurative representation of the British North American Act that reads CONFEDERATION.
The CONFEDERATION scroll is being bestowed upon four young maidens, who gaze cherishingly upon the matronly Britannia. The maidens represent the four original provinces in the British North America Act (clockwise from the top): Ontario with a sickle and sheaf symbolizing agriculture; Quebec holding a canoe paddle that represented commerce of the era; Nova Scotia with a shovel representing its rich mining; and New Brunswick with an axe, a representation of forestry.
The design also features the Latin adage JUVENTAS ET PATRIUS VIGOR, or YOUTH AND PATRIOTIC STRENGTH, as was presented on the original design in 1867. The reverse also features the double-dated years of "1867-2017", the word "CANADA" and the face value "100 DOLLARS"
While the obverse of the original 1867 medal featured the single effigy of Queen Victoria, the reigning monarch at the time of Confederation, the obverse of this new coin features the dual effigies of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt and Queen Victoria by Leonard Charles Wyon. The obverse also includes the cypher used by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and the cypher that was used by Queen Victoria. Each cypher is ensigned with a crown depicted in a style specifically used by each monarch.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|J.S. & A.B. Wyon|
|Queen Victoria as she appeared at the time of confederation in 1867.|
|A intricate high relief design celebrating Canada's confederation.|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 5 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $299
Orders over $299 ship for free! Orders under $299 ship for only $19.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or Canada Post. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured