2022 Royal Canadian Mint | CP Holiday Train Lenticular Coin
Buy with Confidence
Experience the magic of the giving season and re-live it all year long! Order your lenticular coin today.
It’s a magical moment that many look forward to each year—the moment the CP Holiday Train comes rolling in! This lenticular coin captures the thrill of an annual tradition that raises spirits and raises funds to help those in need. Decked out in colourful lights and festive decorations, the CP Holiday Train is greeted by smiling crowds at every stop, where music and community spirit come together for a whistle-stop concert that benefits local food banks— even when the show must go online.
Tilt the coin to see the train lit up at night! Treasure your memories of the CP Holiday Train. Order today!
- CHERISH YOUR MEMORIES! Experience the magic of the CP Holiday Train year-round with this motion-filled coin!
- TWO DESIGNS IN ONE! Crafted in colour, your coin’s design captures the fun and excitement of seeing the CP Holiday Train as it travels across Canada and the United States. The real magic happens when you tilt the coin—thanks to lenticular technology, day turns to night and the decorated train is now lit up in Christmas lights!
- CELEBRATE THE SPIRIT OF GIVING! More than a festive tradition, the CP Holiday Train helps those in need by spreading cheer while collecting donations for local food banks. It is a travelling symbol of our spirit of giving, and this coin is a year-round celebration of that spirit.
- A READY-MADE GIFT! Packaged in a colourful folder with a removable coin capsule for easy access, this keepsake is a ready-made gift that will make a superb addition to any lenticular, train or holiday-themed collection. Fun for all ages!
- This fun collectible is perfect for sharing and will preserve your special memories of the CP Holiday Train for years to come.
The reverse design features lenticular technology that fuses two colour images and provides a smooth, seamless transition whenever the coin is tilted. The first image shows the CP Holiday Train in daylight and provides a view of the festively decorated locomotive as it journeys across Canada. The second image offers a nighttime view that captures the excitement of seeing the train pull into a community, its locomotive and cars lit up by hundreds of thousands of lights. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
About the CP Holiday Train
The CP Holiday Train has been an annual holiday fundraising tradition since 1999. Each November and December, the brightly decorated trains (there are two of them) can be seen travelling along the main line across Canada and the United States, with scheduled stops in 150 communities. Each train is equipped with a modified box car that serves as a stage at each stop, where a star-studded concert entertains the crowd while volunteers collect money and food donations for the local food bank. It’s a magical experience that embodies the spirit of the giving season—to date, more than 4.8 million pounds of food donations and $19.05 million have been raised through the CP Holiday Train program, and its effects ripple through the entire year.
“Since 1999, the CP Holiday Train program has helped raise funds and donations for foodbanks throughout North America. Every year, this beautifully illuminated train makes its way across Canada and the U.S., visiting communities along our network and bringing people together to celebrate the holidays and the spirit of giving. We love being a part of these communities as they come together, and we are proud to support local food banks along the way. CP is honoured that the Royal Canadian Mint is featuring the Holiday Train and, in doing so, helping to raise awareness of food insecurity across Canada.” – Keith Creel, Canadian Pacific President and CEO
Did you know?
- A favourite of train enthusiasts, the CP Holiday Train stays lit up throughout its cross-country journey so that it can be seen and enjoyed wherever it goes. Many follow its route so they can join in the celebrations at multiple stops!
- The schedule and performer lineup change annually and the CP Holiday Train tries to visit new communities each year. In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic prevented the train from making its annual trek, but food banks still benefitted from CP’s $1.24 million donation and funds raised during a virtual concert.
Your coin comes in a colourful presentation card that makes it easy to share, gift and mail out!
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|Royal Canadian Mint engravers (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 5 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $299
Orders over $299 ship for free! Orders under $299 ship for only $19.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or Canada Post. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
286,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured