5 oz 2022 Ultra-High Relief Maple Leaf Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Own the first 5 oz. SML engraved in ultra-high relief. Order today!
The Silver Maple Leaf’s (SML) namesake design perfectly embodies the pride and beauty of Canada, and when enhanced with new engraving techniques and/or technologies—as it is on this showstopper—it also represents the Royal Canadian Mint's endless spirit of innovation. This is the RCM's first ever 5 oz. ultra-high relief SML coin. An elevated take on a treasured classic, this gorgeous showpiece boasts an extraordinary relief height of 3 mm on its reverse, resulting in a more dimensional rendering of the iconic maple leaf than ever before. Behind the scenes, there’s a personal connection, too: the relief was sculpted by retired Senior Engraver Susan Taylor, who previously worked under the tutelage of the late Walter Ott, creator of this world-famous leaf portrait.
Elevating a classic: The SML, now in ultra-high relief. Order today!
- THE FIRST UHR SML! This is the first ultra-high relief (UHR) 5 oz. Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin ever issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. Crafted in 5 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this premium collectible offers a more dimensional view of the SML’s namesake leaf than ever before.
- ULTRA HIGH! The reverse features a peak relief height of 3 mm—that’s significantly higher than the standard 0.80 mm you’d normally see on a piece this size (65.25 mm). A must-see!
- A SPECIAL TOUCH! The relief was sculpted by retired RCM Senior Engraver Susan Taylor, who worked under the tutelage of the late Walter Ott, RCM Master Engraver and creator of the GML/SML design.
- REVERSE PROOF FINISH! Set against a frosted field, the ultra-high relief dazzles thanks to a mirror-like shine that reflects maximum light.
- LOW MINTAGE! Impeccably crafted, this large-sized (65.25 mm) showpiece is a limited work of art—only 1,250 are available to collectors worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
The coin’s reverse features Walter Ott’s iconic design for the Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin, a collector favourite since 1988. Resplendent in a reverse proof finish, the sugar maple leaf is struck in ultra-high relief with a peak height of 3 millimetres. The reverse includes the engraved words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 5 OZ ARGENT PUR”, and the purity standard of “9999”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
The coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 5 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $299
Orders over $299 ship for free! Orders under $299 ship for only $19.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or Canada Post. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
286,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured