Silver Gold Bull has been in business for a decade, and has grown from humble beginnings to become Canada's largest precious metals dealer. We are on a continual journey of growth and development and are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our team.
We have a service-first based approach and value the longevity of our clients. Our core values focus on client relationships, employee development and empowering our employees to make the right decision to support our customer's goals.
Operations and Logistics Manager – E-commerce Warehousing & Fulfillment
Our operations team is high energy. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. Our client and peer relationships are best viewed from a culture of personal service. We always do right by our clients and co-workers first, in the knowledge that this will also be best for our company.
We hold ourselves to a high standard, and all team members are expected to be able to do the following to be considered a top performer.
A successful candidate in this role will lead and mentor a team focusing on all aspects of the operations related to the inventory management, order fulfillment, transfer to final-mile couriers and tracking to end-customer. A requirement will be the ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the entire operational process flow and enhance operational efficiencies and excellence. This position will be responsible for the customer experience on over 75,000 orders annually.
This is a new role within the organization, and with it will come a new emphasis on implementing KPIs and scorecards to an already highly competent and motivated team. A further component will be auditing and renegotiating key carrier contracts.
- Inventory control routines & measures of vaulted inventories
- Loss prevention strategies of inbound, vaulted & outbound inventories
- Work to adjust inventory levels according to market demand
- Optimize slotting for efficiency and error reduction
- Sustainably transition operations to next day shipping within 12-months
- Organize team, warehouse & fulfillment operation for optimal efficiency & effectiveness
- Loss prevention & parcel tracking from the warehouse to the customer
- Reduce quality & shipping errors
- Identify & implement opportunities for efficiency within fulfillment process
- Evaluate & improve final-mile courier selection & usage
- Evaluate & renegotiate final-mile courier contracts
- Track final-mile courier & fulfillment partner effectiveness
- Establish and maintain a regular cadence of interactions with final-mile courier account representatives
Leadership, management & accountability
- Reports to leadership team
- Manage & be accountable to performance of a growing team within operations
- Implement & manage team & individual KPIs for operations team
- Audit and improve warehouse activities and processes for optimal performance
- Document all improvements and processes
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews
- Assume oversight of business units currently under development into operations as they transition to stable part of business
- Promote and maintain frequent and open communication with other business units
We are goal-oriented and driven by our metrics to constantly improve and evolve. Our company culture is relaxed, respectful and focused on growth – both of the company and all we work with. We will support your career development path and give you skills that will serve you for the rest of your life. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply using the guidelines below.
Measurement of Responsibilities for Alignment Template (for Excel scorecard):
- Achieve consistently accurate vaulted inventory counts
- Improve inventory turns
- 12-month target to achieve next day shipping
- 12-month target to conduct contract review of each courier
- 12-month target for documented processes
- 20% reduction in lost packages
- 20% reduction in shipping errors
- Leadership, management & accountability (30%):
- 6-month target to implement & benchmark team & individual performance metrics
- Perform bi-annual performance reviews
- Achieve and maintain a favorable rating within operations and from other business units
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or higher
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-years experience leading e-commerce fulfillment center
- Experience in final-mile courier or postal sorting facility an asset
- Experience working with retail couriers for final-mile delivery
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent